- “Today we stare death in the eyes.
They took the others.[...]”
- —Survival Log
They are humans mutated by the Forced Evolutionary Virus (FEV), characterized by much greater physical ability, and often by much impaired cognitive ability.
Overview[edit | edit source]
Though previously fairly common throughout the Mojave wasteland, the events of The Fall have resulted in a precipitous decline in the region's Mutant population. Those few that do remain are categorically hostile and should be avoided whenever possible. After RB-Expedition occupation of Black Mountain, they started conducting tests on Super Mutants with ERT
Tactical Considerations[edit | edit source]
Mutants have not lost any of their natural resilience and will destroy any human opponent in a straight fight. Thankfully, the mutants that remain suffer a dearth of ranged weaponry and will most often attack only with a melee weapon or their bare hands, both of which are plenty deadly.
Known Mutant Populations[edit | edit source]
- Jacobstown is populated entirely by Super Mutants and nightkin, making it a dangerous destination for an underprepared traveler.
- A camp of mutants can be found in the northeast Mojave wasteland, north of the devils throat and east of the survivor camp located there.
- Mutants and centaurs, as well as lethal doses of radiation can be found inside the devils throat.
- Super Mutant survivors can occasionally be found near Black Mountain
- A small contingent of Nightkin occupy the basement of the RepConn test facility
Trivia[edit | edit source]
- The Nightkin found in the RepConn basement are unchanged from the vanilla game and will still give their relevant quest.